Thursday, November 28, 2013

Dr Sketchys Anti Art School

I have been to two life drawing sessions at Dr Sketchy´s Anti Art School at Tureteatern in Stockholm. This has really been a lot of fun, and very difficult too. There are different themes each time, the first I went to was "Manga and Anime" and the second one "History of Music". There are models dressing up as someone and posing in 5-6 minute poses. The poses are usually quite challenging (for the models at least!) with funny facial expressions (which I am never able to catch, unfortunately).  I have had real problems with my scanner lately and I have tried to scan and post but given up after half of the colors disappeared in the scanner - especially the light areas just go blank. Any ideas of what I am doing wrong? Maybe I should go back to just taking photos with my Iphone or I will never get anything out here.... Anyway, here are some of the sketches that ended up ok from the scanner.... I just dropped the rest for now!

 From "History of Music"

 From Manga and Anime

1 comment:

  1. These are great drawings, looks like you had brilliant subjects to capture. I like the middle picture. And I hear you about scanner issues, mine stopped working after we only had it for a year, and when I called about it I was told it would cost an arm and a leg to get it checked out (fixing it would be extra on top)... Was not worth it as it would cost more to fix it that what it cost to begin with. So I can totally understand your frustrations with you'rs!!! Hope it will work out for you and good to see you posting again.

    ReplyDelete