Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sketchers at the museum of modern arts

Last sunday of each month, a group of sketchers from the Stockholm sketch crawl group meet at some location to sketch, drink coffee and share thoughts and ideas. I have not participated more than a couple of times but it is always really inspiring and a lot of fun. Today, we met at the museum of modern arts in Stockholm (Moderna Museet). First, we did some view sketches from the café and then we went on to drawing some people in the lobby. These are two of my most hateful subjects - urban sketches with a lot of buildings and windows - I totally lack patience for these - and people who just refuse to stand still - I totally lack confidence fore these! But as always, the talented company I am in inspires me to at least give it a shot! I skipped the ink pens today and went for pencil and watercolor. Somehow it feels so intimidating with ink - I seriously consider skipping it altogether for my sketchbook.


Oh, and I got my new scanner/printer to work today! I don´t know if I think it produces such great results as I had hoped for, still a little blurry... But there are probably some fine tuning left to do... At least the pictures are straight now...

3 comments:

  1. Fantastiska skisser, Anna! Superkul att du kom med idag! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketches and I just love the last one with the city view, makes me miss Stockholm so much and I really cant wait to go there again.
    Do you sell prints?

    Jatte fin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you joined the group, these are lovely sketches.

    ReplyDelete