Thursday, April 11, 2013

Adventures in March....


I am running a bit behind with the posting, but here comes a little catch-up from March - just to get to the more recent sketches soon :) The above is a sketch from the Sthlm Boat Expo "Allt för sjön". It is hard to sketch environments with that massive amount of detail - I try to simplify but it just gets messy somehow...


The last sketch is a quick tulip sketch made while waiting for the family outside the kid´s sunday school. I negotiated with my husband to let me spend the time sketching and he had to take care of the baby! Then I strolled around trying to find some amazing view, but everything was just boring and it was too cold so I decided to just sit inside and sketch the first corner I could find with an empty chair!

Both sketches in pencil and watercolor on Saunders Waterford satin in my sketchbook.

1 comment:

  1. Anna these are fantastic sketch paintings, beautiful detail and colours. I really love the second painting, the tulips are brilliant and the contrast of them against that soft blue is so lovely. Varkligen vacker!!! o det ar kul att din man tar hand om den lilla sa du kan ta det lungt o mala : )

    ReplyDelete