Wednesday, June 9, 2010

EDiM update....

So, I have finished the challenge Every Day in May! A bit late perhaps since half of June has passed by as well ;) To my defence, I actually finished most of the drawings on time, but our Internet connection has broken down so I have not been able to post lately. I have now figured out how to use my phone as a modem, but still.... almost 3 weeks without Internet at home! I didn´t know you could survive something like that ;)Anyway, here goes....


EDM #21 Something old - a friend of mine collects old irons (do you call them that? The things you use to iron clothes?) EDM #22 A piece of clothing. EDM #23 My foot. Nothing much to say about that...
EDM #24 A piece of fruit, #25 a glass and #26 a Vegetable. If you wish, you can check out the same still life from the opposite side of the table at Johanna´s Creative Space.

EDM #27. A book. This is a cook book, it´s not mine, unfortunatley, because it is really inspiring. Filled with recepies of tasty, organic, healthy food and a lot of it vegetarian! Yum!
EDM #30. A chair. Boring, but a chair... EDM# 28 an appliance. This is my old vacuum cleaner. It used to belong to an old relative and I would guess that it is at least 30 years old! I have had it since -98 and it has served me well. It even acted the part of R2D2 at a Star Wars party once! I was so sad when it broke and then my father gave me his old, exactly same one! His wife wanted a modern one but has mostly complained about it ever since... Some things really used to be better in the old days....
EDM#29 "anything else". I had to do this waiting outside in our garden and I didn´t have much interesting "architectural" in sight, so I went for the escape window.... some flowers I got for Mothers day (wich is in the end of May in Sweden)

EDM#31 Something I collect. I don´t know, I really don´t collect much any longer... except wisdom, good friends, moments in life and stuff like that. But I do have one of each size of these Swedish design bowls (?). We used to have one when I was a child and it still sits in my mother´s kitchen. They are really practical, useful and long lasting. Something to recommend as a souvenir if you ever visit Sweden.... Now you can even buy matching spoons, beaters and things. Of course...

14 comments:

  1. Oooh what lovely drawings these are! =) Happy to see that you're posting again. Been having a busy schedule myself too... must be something about end of May and beginning of June...or Summer ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for finishing - you've got some lovely sketches here and i like your looseness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful sketches. I love the flowers - all that lovely looseness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finish Annas.
    Yes it is called an iron.

    I still haven't done my #26 a vegetable, maybe this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great collection! I really enjoyed all your drawings, the subjects and the lines and colors are wonderful, and I like your fun comments : ) ! (I have a special love for the R2D2 vacuum cleaner! - and your colored bowls)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sketches, I'm glad you worked out how to use you phone as a modem..I had exactly the same problem a couple of months ago and i know how you feel...withDRAWral symptoms??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, you got so many done and they are great. Love the colours, and the vacuum has a funny story behind it (I have a old vacuum too, it was a toss between a new one (that I knew would break soon) or an older model, and I love it).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on finishing!! The sketches are all co very wonderful. Love the bowls and the color in the onion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pages! I especially love the flowers and I would like to find some of those bowls - love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. THese are wonderful! Sorry to hear you've had problems with your internet. Congratulations on making it through the month! When I saw the second one, I thought, hmmm...I thought she did that one already. Then I read that Johanna had done it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great sketches, and I love that scarf!
    It's funny about the iron - I couldn't get used to the word either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all your comments! I still have internet trouble so I am behind on posting and commenting again...

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a beautiful artist gift you have!
    this is better than pushing a button on a camera by far!
    nikonsniper steve

    ReplyDelete