Monday, May 17, 2010

EDiM 14-17- Finally caught up.....

Finally I have caught up with the challenges - I did some quick sketches and a watercolour painting today just to get it done. Wish I could put a little more effort into some of the challenges, but sometimes I guess it is an accomplishment just to find some drawing time! Today I sneaked in to my studio to paint a couple of minutes here and there when I was supposed to do something completely different - like getting dressed and fetching stuff for the kids. In the afternoon me and my friend Johanna took turns trying to entertain the kids so the other person could finish todays challenge. A lot of creativity in creating time to draw in other words....


EDM #14. Draw what you see when you wake up in the morning. Not very inspiring unfortunatley. Just an ordinary bedroom ceiling with an ordinary lamp. No panorama window with a view over the ocean or anything like that.... Ink and watercolour in Moleskin watercolour jounal.
EDM #15 Leafs and branches. Watercolour on Saunders Waterford 300g. I just love Magnolias and I think I have done some kind of Magnolia painting every year in May for the last 3 or 4 years. They are so beautiful! This one I tried to focus on the leafs and branches to go with the challenge...

EDM #16, draw your favourite tool. This is the knife I have in my drawing box, it is not really so inspiring to draw, but it is very practical for many things - sharpening pencils, creating highlights etc. EDM #17 a musical instrument. We are unfortunately not a very musical family - not a guitarr or flute in sight. But the kids have some toy instruments, for example this cow shaped thingy. I can´t play a thing on it, but my friend Johanna really impressed the kids (and me) by playing Mamma Mia on it today when I was drawing.... (Ink and watercolour in Moleskin watercolour journal)

8 comments:

  1. The magnolia painting is so graceful with wonderful colors. The xylophone sketch is very different but has a lot of personality too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harliga bilder, sa olika fran varandra (kul att see olika stil). Min favorite ar din varktyg med farg prickarna runt den.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your pictures are great! The xylophone looks like a happy instrument.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, everyone's different. To me, playing Mama Mia on the xylophone is really nothing, I thought everyone could do that, but your magnolias impress me no end. And to you... I can almost hear you say. "Oh that, bah, that's really nothing..." :)

    I like the way the leafs sort of pop out on this one, you really did manage to focus on them in a really good way, without taking too much focus from the gorgeous blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job nailing the challenges! I simply love the way you color all of them. You always put a lot of depth into them by adding shadows and shadings. The leaves and branches present a very harmony environment in the whole drawing. It looks relaxing and pleasant =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely paintings, especially your magnolia! They are beautiful aren't they? I love that the leaves lead your eye across the painting, but that flower, it really glows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great friend to have! It's wonderful that you two do that for each other! And, these are wonderful sketches, especially the magnolia tree.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Åh vad du är duktig! Jag verkligen älskar Zylofonen

    ReplyDelete